www.neformat.com.ua

Новости Статьи Рецензии Ивенты Форум Facebook Telegram Twitter YouTube Instagram Mixcloud SoundCloud
Переключить в мобильный режим
Вернуться   Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Distorted Unit

Distorted Unit Список групп раздела | post-metal, sludge, stoner, doom, drone, experimental, avant-garde

Метки: post-metal, sludge
Ответ
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Непрочитано 22.02.2011, 15:37   #1
lossless
+/- Информация
Франция Arms of Ra

Arms of Ra играют post hardcore / sludge, вдохновляясь Orchid, Cult of Luna, Comity, и многими другими из парижской местности. Сформировались в 2007 из Mansour, modern metal команда с ориентиром на Lamb of God, команда медленно преобразовывалась между Pierre Alain (гитара,затем бас), and Heddy (также играет в IDEM Crew, Donkey Punch and Kick Their Face),, который начал как басист, а затем занявший место основного гитариста. В 2008 состав окончательно сформировался с приходом Pierre (ударные, который также играл в Mansour), Simon (гитара) и Mathieu (также Mansour который ныне также поёт в Modokian Crest и Immemorial). Несколько концертов были отыграны с такими группами как Obiat, Monsieur Po, Kick Their Face, Danishment, Xynobis, Puanteur Crack, Morning Dawn, The Burning Slap and The Old Family Sex, The Hunger, World Gone Mad, The River Card, Donkey Punch, stay hungry, Fierce, and Daggers in 2008 and 2009. В июне был записан первый EP ,и команда подписалась на Swarm of Nails and Natan Discos. Arms of Ra теперь состоит из четырёх человек(Heddy уехал учиться в Канаду) и начала работу над новыми треками. Mathieu также будет задействован в качестве клавишника.

Странно, что не было ещё темы, ребята этого заслуживают)
Но судя по ласту (619 лисенерз), не много их шарят)
некто говорит что есть у них немного от даркухи, но как-то не заметил.

Интервью

„We rule, as usual.“ Interview with Arms of Ra
Juni 12, 2010
von pezn

I’m writing the hole thing in English today, because the interview was done in English and to change the language for the prelude doesn’t make much sense in my opinion.

After a successful gig with AmenRa I asked the front-man of Arms of Ra a few questions and he was so kind to answer them. Enjoy or don’t.

How is Arms of Ra going?

M.E: We rule, as usual. But more seriously, we just did our first gig in 8 month opening for Comity and AmenRa and it went well overall. We need to spend more time onstage to get a better grasp on our new songs but most people we talked to seemed happy with our new direction which is shorter but also more intense. So, yeah, things are doing quite well.

Sounds awesome, besides I think your First EP was one of the most intense releases in 2009. Really looking forward to your new songs. Have you already planned to release your new stuff soon?

M.E: We’ve started talking about a split EP this morning so nothing set in stone. As for a new EP, we’ve already three songs and are working on two more, plus an instrumental, which will hopefully be recorded after september. And thank you very much for your description, it’s quite a pleasure to hear such good words about my/our work.

You’re very welcome. Can you say with which other band the split could be or do you want to keep this information for now to yourself? You said you want to have more gigs. Will they be located for now only in France or are you trying to come around a bit? I would like to see you in action.

M.E: I can’t tell you the name of the band as it’s too soon. I really have no idea if it will happen but that would be cool so I hope so. As for gigs outside of France, that would be swell but our band schedule are very complex so to traval outside of France would recquire a trip during some holidays or during a week-end. We hope to play outside of Paris as after only a few shows we’ve already covered most of the audience that goes regularly to shows for this kind of music. We only ask to get enough money to get to the gig so if anybody has a suggestion (and is professionnal enough to give us some food and a place to stay after the gig), they can contact us and we’ll see what we can do.

Yeah, very understandable. I hope you get more attention soon, so a club here will notice you, but I’m sure, sooner or later that will happen. Coming to your influences. I think the most noticeable is Celeste. One could even name AmenRa (not only by the name). So what can you say is the basis for your band?

M.E: About the name, our guitar player who is now working in Quebec is a huge AmenRa fan but is also egyptian and was the one who found the name so I think it’s a 50/50 thing. We never aimed to sound like AmenRa. We just like them and they’re one of our influence. As for Celeste, we do like them but I wouldn’t compare us to them. At first, before I joined the band, the aim of our now ex guitar player and bass player was to compose music influenced but Cult of Luna era The Beyond, Buried inside’s Chronoclast and Botch’s We are the romans. The songs on our EP are a little bit varied as far as influences goes. We give nods to bands like Orchid, Nasum, Comity, Neurosis, Isis etc… It’s a good reflection of how varied our taste are. As the lyricist, I also put a few references to other sources of influences like comics, movies… One of our old song, Darwin’s mistake (whose name doesn’t have any relation to the lyrics), was about the movie Old boy for exemple.

Small edit from M.E: later on Simon (guitar player) told me I was wrong and that the song Taxidermie was, in fact, very much influenced by Celeste.

I’m sorry I did compare you to Celeste. :) Sounds like many line up changes. Does the band now feel complete? And are there any bands you really like to go on stage with?

M.E: No problem, I’m not offended at all, Celeste is a great band. I just don’t think we have much in common with them musically. As far as the line up goes, I don’t think we could go through another change. Arms of Ra is the four of us. If we added another person we would have to change the name of the band, at least, that’s how I feel. About sharing a bill with a band, I think being with Comity and AmenRa was pretty cool. I would be delighted to share the stage with HKY since I also play in Immemorial with Damien (samples and keyboards) from HKY. Thomas, their drummer, also recorded our first EP and everybody in the band are great folks. Otherwise, I really don’t know. I don’t mind going on a bill with very different bands. For exemple, we played a few shows with hardcore band as we have many friends in that scene and everything went fine.

I always thought you are connected to HKY, now I know it. So I wish you all good luck with Arms of Ra and I wish you good luck with your other projects too. Thanks for your good answers to sometimes a little stupid questions. That’s it I guess, anything you want to say?

Your questions weren’t stupid so thank you for asking them. Send me a link if you put the interview online. It’s my first one so I’m quite happy that somebody took the time to ask me a few questions about my band.

The only things left to say, that you can buy their amazing s/t EP from SwarmOfNails for a very fair price and you can still download the EP for free.
[свернуть]
2010 - Arms of Ra EP:

COVERS

[свернуть]
скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

Последний раз редактировалось Эрис; 21.01.2013 в 06:22.
aukio вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
44 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
Непрочитано 22.02.2011, 21:04   #2
lossless
+/- Информация
re: Arms Of Ra

Хороши
Димончик вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
VictimDark (11.02.2012)
Непрочитано 23.11.2011, 12:29   #3
lossless
+/- Информация
Re: Arms Of Ra

а тем временем ребята выложили новый трек:
PersonnalitГ© dГ©charnГ©e by ARMSOFRA on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
скоро видать будет и ЕПиха
Непрочитано 23.11.2011, 19:07   #4
mp3 96 kbps
+/- Информация
Re: Arms Of Ra

хороший трек, но на старые армс оф ра вообще не похоже
desade вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 24.11.2011, 10:57   #5
lossless
+/- Информация
Re: Arms of Ra

вово.не похожи. я тож заметил :) первая работа некой тайной отдавала чтоли.
но трек хороший. епиха должна быть хорошей. я так считаю.
Непрочитано 11.02.2012, 20:20   #6
Star - reign down
       On you
+/- Информация

слушаю сейчас, очень нравится вообще! интересно будет новье вценить
Nook вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
VictimDark (11.02.2012)
Непрочитано 21.02.2012, 17:30   #7
MélöManiäС
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от Nook Посмотреть сообщение
интересно будет новье вценить
Я ужо вценил, мне понравились. Куалити - гуд!

Arms of Ra - Unnamed EP (2012) @ CBR-192 kbps

01. Afterwards
02. I Have the Right to Erase Myself
03. Personnalité Décharnée
04. Unnamed
05. Write My Name and Forget it
06. To Be Acknoledged is to Exist

MediaFire
sssnot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
7 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
malignant (21.02.2012), Nook (21.02.2012), Optimus_Prime (05.06.2012), Psychoviolence (21.02.2012), VictimDark (21.02.2012), Димончик (13.08.2012), музпросвет (22.02.2012)
Непрочитано 22.02.2012, 15:57   #8
mp3 128 kbps
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от sssnot Посмотреть сообщение
Я ужо вценил, мне понравились. Куалити - гуд!
Arms of Ra - Unnamed EP (2012)
почему ЕР???... вроде как полноформат ... здесь
dr[zlo] вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 22.02.2012, 15:59   #9
Star - reign down
       On you
+/- Информация

что-то вообще никак последний
Nook вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 22.02.2012, 17:11   #10
mp3 56 kbps
+/- Информация

первая работа мне понравилась, но последняя ипишка просто никакущая, еле до конца дослушал
Дискарндаш вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 22.02.2012, 20:19   #11
Открывающий новые горизонты
+/- Информация

Хорошая последная епишка
VictimDark вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 22.02.2012, 21:44   #12
mp3 96 kbps
+/- Информация

последняя ипиха по сравнению с первой вообще никакая =(
desade вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 08.04.2012, 11:47   #13
lossless
+/- Информация

первая самый сок.
я вот только вкурил что они всё таки выпустили новое что-то .
старое - вообще отлично.
Непрочитано 08.04.2012, 18:45   #14
la tristesse durera toujours
+/- Информация

первая офигенный сок. а вот новьё вообще скучное дико. имхо. всё это было уже да и звук чего то не приглянулся мну.
LeDesespoir вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ
Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Distorted Unit

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск