www.neformat.com.ua

Новости Статьи Рецензии Ивенты Форум Facebook Telegram Twitter YouTube Instagram Mixcloud SoundCloud
Переключить в мобильный режим
Вернуться   Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Distorted Unit

Distorted Unit Список групп раздела | post-metal, sludge, stoner, doom, drone, experimental, avant-garde

Метки: stoner doom
Ответ
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Непрочитано 22.12.2011, 21:03   #1
штормовое предупреждение
+/- Информация
Великобритания (Англия, Уэльс, Шотландия, Северная Ирландия) Trippy Wicked & the Cosmic Children of the Knight

52 минуты эпического музыкального путешествия в мир хорошей жизни, огня,девочек,путешествий, одиночества, пиратов и любви.Крутой замес из стонер-дума,грува и свамп-блюза(есть еще ЕРишка(2008 - Lowering The Tone)- тоже драйвовая ,ну а новый за 2010 - четыре трека чистой шестиструнки,см.клип).

Pete Holland - Guitar
Chris West - Drums
Dicky Wicked - Bass

Bio an english

The band with one of the all time greatest band names of all time is "Trippy Wicked and the Cosmic Children of the Knight" and this their debut full length album called "Movin On". While the name may seem comical, this is one heavy-duty doom laden album complete with a excellent album cover that I could stare at all day. The band is as about as solid as you will find within this genre of music and they are also have many elements that set them apart from other bands and I will get to those points later. Trying to describe the band is not really that easy, they crossover from Electric Wizard style Stoner Doom to Kyuss style Desert Rock to Classic Black Sabbath sounding 70's Rock and everything in-between. The vocals of Pete Holland (who also handles the guitar work) has a Ozzy-esque sound to it but more powerful than anything the Oz was capable of in his hey-day. The churning crunch of the guitar and bass is thick as mud and drumming is exceptionally solid and pounding. The title track hits in your face with a guitar attack that is as fierce as it is sleazy and by the time you get to track three "Fire" you will be suck into the swirling riffing. They do have some unusual quirks to their sound however, the acoustic guitar ending of "Sea Shanty" comes in when you least expect and the trumpet on "Southern" may leave you scratching your head and asking why but that is the beauty of this album. Quirky Stoner Doom music experimentation, parts of it can even sound bluesy which sounds so different for a band playing within the context of "Stoner Rock". God, I am getting sick of that term but I will move on. "Echoes" is slightly perplexing as it sounds at odds with the rest of the album, at first I wasn't sure if it belong on the album but after further spins it has turned into one of my favorite tracks on the album. It has a Psychedelic, haunting beginning before moving into a more traditional heavy riff rocking section. This is one of the tracks on the album where the blues element comes through but that pops up on a few other tracks as well, just some less obvious. One of the strong points of the album is the variety of sounds and musical textures they manage to weave in and out throughout the CD which means it is going to be a album that is hard to get tired off. "Innocence" kicks off one hellish bass sound before the monster riff engulfs all in its wake, this is the band in total Doom mode and it kills. "Not What You Know" rocks like a son of a bitch, kinda reminding me of Orange Goblin at their most punishing. A real exercise in head snapping metal and the fun continues on the next track "Clothes On My Floor" where the band shifts gears into boogie mode."The Water" is more of Trippy Wicked's approach to Stoner Blues, a good track but not really up to the standard of the rest of the album and the whistling part is a bit off-putting. Thankfully they launch back into the big riff at around the 3 minute mark that saves the tune from the skip button. Final track is "Because Of You" and brings back things to the Sludge/Stoner groove, a great way to finish the album. The lyrics on the album are also different for a Stoner/Doom/Sludge Rock band as they are personal, heartfelt and actually meaningful ( shock-horror ). It is refreshing to hear a band take that lyrical approach for a change. I guess the band could be put alongside other quirky bands within the UK Doom/Stoner scene like The Lamp Of Thoth for example but they really are a band with a certain uniqueness that is hard to compare. You also get the feeling when listening to this, the band really enjoy what they are doing as it has a positive vibe about it. Check this band and album out, I think you will dig it.
[свернуть]

Stonerobixxx
Doommantia

Movin On 2009

скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

Последний раз редактировалось UncleD; 05.08.2013 в 06:23.
UncleD вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
58 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
Непрочитано 26.08.2013, 20:23   #31
штормовое предупреждение
+/- Информация
Re: Trippy Wicked & the Cosmic Children of the Knight

еще один трек из нового 04. Discoveries
UncleD вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 19.07.2014, 07:57   #32
tape
+/- Информация

Trippy Wicked & The Cosmic Children Of The Knight "Underground (EP)" (2013)
Трек-лист
1. Underground
2. Echoes Return
3. Enlightenment
4. Discoveries
5. New Beginnings
rusfolder
Andru1990 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
Guragena (19.07.2014)
Непрочитано 15.10.2021, 15:43   #33
MélöManiäС
+/- Информация

АП!!!
Группа активна и пишет альбом.

2016 - Guppy [split with GURT]
сплит, хуле там
drive.google

2017 - Lost Songs EP
просто две потерянные телеги
drive.google

2019 - Movin on Singles EP
четыре не вошедшие в дебютник телеги
drive.google

2021 - Three Leaves EP
эти две телеги в альбом не войдут
drive.google
sssnot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
3 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
marilin (19.10.2021), peino (15.10.2021), Umnitsa (15.10.2021)
Ответ
Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Distorted Unit

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск