Форум www.neformat.com.ua

Форум www.neformat.com.ua (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/)
-   Emo (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/emo/)
-   -   Die, Emperor! Die! (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/emo/14694-die-emperor-die.html)

denver 15.05.2008 16:08

Die, Emperor! Die!

Цитата:

Эти техасские парни своим появлением не оставили равнодушными многих ребят, а их релизы не прошли незамеченными на имо/скримо сцене. Родился дуэт, а именно дуэтом является DED в 2000 году, когда старинные друзья Kirk и Brad сидели дома у последнего и размышляли о том, что им следует предпринимать после распада предшествующего хк-коллектива, в котором они оба участвовали. Был материал. Были идеи. И не было желания терять времени на поиски хотя бы басиста. В общем, не мудрствуя лукаво, после пары репетиций они и дали своё первое шоу. Название, надо признать странное для скримо команды, родилось также спонтанно. По словам Kirk'a в первых подходах лирика группы являла собой fast staight-up political thrash songs. Исходя из этого посыла, им и показалось название Die, Emperor! Die! вполне уместным для трэш команды. Название осталось старое, но группа зазвучала в совсем ином ключе. А стоит ли менять название, раз уж ты не сделал ни одного релиза в отличном от избранного стиле? Каждый решает сам.
Первым официальным релизом стал сплит с Burned Out Bright (другим не менее любопытным для нас коллективом). Релиз этот стал первым опытом и для DED и для их друзей Stewart'а и Еп'к'и, основавших свой собственный лейбл Friends Forever Records. Примечательно, что первый блин ни у тех, ни у других не вышел комом, даже в тотальных условиях спешки. Конечно, можно предъявлять претензии к недостаточно проработанному звуку, но для дебюта в DIY-среде (да и вообще дебюта для молодой команды) — это было бы, по крайней мере, странно. Следующим релизом стало Demo. У себя в Хьюстоне ребята продали тираж, порядка 100 копий и это было, по их мнению, нормальным. Однако реальный успех релиза невозможно оценить — это было настоящей неожиданностью для самих музыкантов, что тысячи людей услышали их благодаря интернету и p2p сетям. Наверное, это один из тех случаев, когда интернет сослужил музыкантам добрую службу, породив устойчивый интерес к их творческим поискам. И по сию пору первая печать релиза остаётся желанной для всех зарубежных коллекционеров маньяков подобного стаффа, а цена его только растёт. Следующим релизом стал Acoustic CD, записанный в ходе акции Food Not Bombs в родном для дуэта Хьюстоне. Идея записи родилась случайно, когда ребята просто переслушали записанный лайв, сделанный их друзьями с Friends Forever records. Издать его показалось хорошей идеей и тем и другим, что и было осуществлено.
Ну и, кроме того, следует отметить последний релиз группы — сплит с другими юными техасскими дарованиями из Остина — Toru Okada (введший последних в поле внимания любителей скри-мо всего мира) на Golden Shiny Wire of Hope Records.
К сожалению, в какой-то момент группа прекратила своё существование. Никакой информации на своём и без того крайне редко обновляемом сайте ребята не повесили, а слухи о распаде стали появляться в интернете в 2005г. Также не известна и судьба запланированного на Friends Forever Records сплита 10" с William Elliot Whitmore, играющем на банджо (что уже само по себе интересно). Возможно, когда-нибудь он и выйдет. И в заключении выдержка из интервью Кирка для одного зина: «Я часто слышу, как люди говорят о группах, что они «такие эмоциональные». И уже кажется, что, чтобы играть «имо» хардкор, ты просто должен метаться по сцене, падать и плакать так, чтобы это выглядело по-настоящему. И это полное дерьмо. Эта аккуратная попытка сделать так, чтобы всё выглядело «эмоциональным», становится клише, надуманным и бессмысленным. А когда эстетика и мода становятся самыми важными вещами в сцене, от чего тут можно становиться взволнованным и кричать? От красивого трафарета на обложке альбома? от узких чёрных джинсов, которые так мило выглядят на том мальчике в другом конце комнаты? Я так не думаю. Вещи, которые тебя по-настоящему волнуют и трогают — это те вещи, которые как искра пробуждают в тебе множество мыслей, подталкивают тебя к самоанализу или анализу мира вокруг тебя».
last.fm

Состав:
Kirk — гитара / вокал;
Brad — барабаны.

Дискография:

Demo tape/CDR (2003)
Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы. Die, Emperor! Die!/Burning Out Bright split 7" (2003)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы. Acoustic CDR (2004)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы. Toru Okada/Die, Emperor! Die! split 7" (2004)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы. V/A - The Microwave Says to the Pacemaker 2x7" (2004)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы. Unreleased
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

интервью

1-What's your name and what do you play?
well, my name is kirke and i play guitar and sing. my best friend brad is also in the the band and he plays drums in addition to spending all of the band fund on buying soda.
2-A cliche question I know, give a bit of background history
well die emperor die started probably about two years ago now in brads bedroom. we were both in another hardcore band who had recently broken up. we still wanted to rock out together and so we did. after a couple of practices we played our first show and that was that.

3-die emperor die are a duo, why?
when we first started playing it was just the two of us and we were having really great ideas and really great songs. and like i said, we started playing shows and it was working well with just the two of us. i guess its a bit odd to play the style of music we do with no bass player, but it works for us and we have never really considered adding anyone to the band.
4-and the band name? what emperor must die?!!
hahaha. well back in that smelly bedroom when we first started, mostly we were writing like fast staight-up political thrash songs. when thinking of a name for the band we were still focusing on that style and "die emperor die" seemed like a good name for a thrash band. in the end, i guess some other influences took precedence, but the name stuck. i guess its kinda silly really, but, who cares? as far as the death of emperors...all emperors must die!

5-Your first "oficial" release is a 7"split w/burned out bright, are you agree with the result, sound, artwork etc..?
well that was the first record that me and brad were ever involved in and it was the first record that our friends stewart and erika (friends forever) had ever released. so it was really a learning experience. in one respect, that record was done i guess to sort of materialize the friendship and community that we had going on in houston at that time. we were playing lots of shows with burned out bright and there was also an anarchist collective space in town. things have changed alot since then and im glad we did that record. it has great songs, great art, and it will hopefully remind people here of the amazing, positive time that we had. but like i said, it was our first record and we were actually racing to get it done in time for a tour, so we ended up approving test presses that werent satisfactory, which resulted in the mediocre sound quality. but it doesnt really bother me. punk rock is supposed to be raw, right? right?

6-one question about artwork/design, etc...die emperor die! looks are very d.i.y style, with stickers, etc...its important the design/layout, etc... for dieemperordie? what designers do you like? (my english is shit, sorry)
yeah i think the aesthetic of a record is really important. i mean to me, our music is always there not only to be entertaining but to make a statement, convey a message, or get people to think or act. and not just the music and lyrics to that but the art can do that as well. and of course, its important to us that we try to do everything as d.i.y. as possible. thats why we've always been partial to silkscreened or handmade records. one thing that we discovered in making the burned out bright split 7" though is that we ended up using alot of store bought (or stolen!) materials. that kind of concerned us. in the future, as part of a continuing attempt to act upon our ideals, we're going to experiment with the use of recycled/reused materials for making record covers and inserts.

7-did you expect the "succes" of your demo? now the band have a lot of coming soon stuff, for example split w/toru okada split w/william e. whitmore, 3way split, etc...Comments this future releases, are you happy?
i didnt know our demo was "successfull"!! i mean here in houston we probably only made about 100 of them and i guess those sold ok. but since then friends forever has taken over making them on tapes for their distro. im not sure if they are even still doing that though. but it suprised me how many kids all over the world actually heard that demo. i think it got around so much because of the use of the internet and sharing of mp3's and stuff. which is really cool. i think punk rock should utilize those means more often actually. however cool it is to own records, the idea of completely free music whose distribution is basically sharing between friends seems really awesome to me.but anyway, yeah that demo seems like it was a real long time ago now and i think our sound has changed and we've matured. so in the future we have these releases coming out: a split 7" with our friends toru okada (amazing, and really sincere hardcore) on golden shiny wire of hope records (www.wireofhope.com) that record should be out really soon, in fact. then we have a split 10" coming out on friends forever records with william elliot whitmore, an amazing banjo player and lyricist and well as just an amazing person. that record is something im really looking forward to. hopefully, it will introduce lots of hardcore kids to another style of music.

8-whats your opinion about the actually usa scene, in my opinion now there are a lot of emo90s style bands, labels (friends forever, owsla, etc...)
the u.s. punk rock scene is really dull right now i feel. its actually been awhile since i have been really excited about a hardcore band. while we do have some great bands and labels doing interesting and creative and important stuff, for the most part, the whole "emo" thing has seemed to have brought alot of negative characteristics to punk rock. for one, it seems that there are alot of just unoriginal bands. i dont whether this is the fault of the bands themselves or the fault of kids who immediately pigeon-hole bands by saying "oh yeah they sound like indian summer and julia." whatever the cause, the effect seems to be that the "emo" scene of the early 90's is being mystified and idolized and there is a tendency to somehow recreate this "magical" "emo" scene of ten years ago. and while alot of great records came out of that period, alot of my favorite music i will add, an attempt to resemble that will ulitmately be very unimaginative, unprogressive, and will fail. and of course this is a self-critisism as much as it is me pointing fingers at any one person or group.also, another trend i see is what most people are calling the "fashion" aspect of hardcore. the emphasis on "hip" style and clothing and records. what i see this boil down to is an over-emphasis on aesthetics and not enough on critical and important messages and ideas. to me punk rock has always been and should remain a means to something bigger. it should be a counter-response to the growth of global capitalism and ever more powerful states. to me punk rock was always about challenging the present social order by creating a decentralized and non-hierarchical community based network. and i guess my hope is that this could be a starting point for spreading that type of social organization to other facets of society. while aesthetics can be important in conveying that idea, as i stated earlier, an over empahsis usually results in what we have now, which is the fasion trend. and therefore, political analysis, critiques of capitalism and the state, progressing and improving d.i.y. techniques, confronting white/male/heterosexual privelage and all around meaningful thought has gone to the wayside. and if this is so then punk rock can never be a threat and never achieve any goals outside of making a bunch of middle class kids feel good about themselves. and that obviously not revolutionary. one of the thigns i hear people say about bands is that they are "so emotional." in fact it almost seems to be a prerequisite if are going to play "emo" hardcore that you have to thrash around and fall down and cry in order to be legitimate. this is total bullshit. with this careful attempt to make sure everything is "emotional" is obviously becomes cliche and contrived and meaningless. and when aesthetics and fasion is the most important thing in a scene, what is there really to get emotional and cry over? a really pretty silkscreened record? tight black pants that look oh so cute on that one boy across the room? i dont think so. the things that you really get emotional about, that you have strong feelings about are things that spark alot of thought in yourself, that make you analyze yourself or the world around you. and most of the things in this world make me really angry, and i dont see anyone willing to be angry in punk rock anymore. i guess im just rambling now, but i think i have made my point. of course my definition of what punk rock is and whats its goals should be will obviously differ from people out there, but hopefully im making you think!

9-die emperor die recorded a acoustic cd? whats the origin of this acousticd?
well die emperor die plays acoustic alot in houston. we played probably 3 of 4 shows as well as playing at food not bombs with just an acoustic guitar and a homemade drumset. one night me and brad were haning out and starting just playing some ded songs, as well as some of our favorite cover songs, and stewart (who does friendsforever with his partner erika) happend to capture it on a 4 track. it was pretty spontaneous and different than what most people have heard but i think its us at our best.

10-would you say influence can people hear specific remnants of these bands in your actually music? influences, What bands do you like?
i love all styles of music. unfortunately i dont think that really comes through in die emperor die. i guess most of the inspiration i take for ded is from the punk rock and hardcore that i listen to.

11-what have you been listening to the most lately?
some of the punk rock bands that have gotten me excited recently are: carrie nations, defiance ohio, mt gigantic, face down in shit, the microphones. some of my alltime favorites that never get old: fifteen, crimpshrine, minor threat, anticshism, cap' n jazz, and crass. and right now im listening to lots of john coltrane, ornette coleman, freddie hubbard, bessie smith, and branford marsalis.

12-I love the vinyl, whats your opinion about vinyl?
i love vinyl too. unfortunately, it sucks that what is most meaningful in punk rock has to be a commodity. i think we should really make an effort to keep punk rock records cheap and in print and available so they dont become things which are assigned silly monetary values and are collected. and however much i love vinyl, maybe we should find other mediums to put our thoughts onto that are maybe more in line with the goals we are trying to reach. plan-it-x records is a good example. you just constantly have to reexamine things is all im saying.

13-you hates: skool and this town when all my friends are gone!

14-you loves: tofu! and my friends! and michael bakunin!

15-do you know something about spain scene?
acutally i dont really know much at all about the spanish scene. i think the only bands i know of are E-150, and the death of anna karina (they are from spain right?) you should let me know about some bands and labels to check out.

16-Anything else you'd like to add? Alright. Thanks for your time, and good
luck with everything. just email die emperor die if you want to talk about anything. id love to communicate with kids from all over: dear_emperor@yahoo.com
also, im starting a small label called shortwave records. my first release is going to be a 4-way split tape of four kids from houston playing acoustic songs. if you have a fun project id totally be down fer releasing a tape or cd/cdr of your band. get in touch! xskinnyfistsx@yahoo.com thanks again for the interview and take care! xoxo. kirke.
[свернуть]

Cyclophosphamide 15.05.2008 16:23

Ответ: Die, Emperor! Die!

слышал ихнюю песенку на сплите с Тору Окада - что то совершенно не понравились

lok 15.05.2008 16:26

очень люблю. альбом в аккустике просто шикарный=)
вот опять же из трепетно синее:

Цитата:

Эти техасские парни своим появлением не оставили равнодушными многих ребят, а их релизы не прошли незамеченными на имо/скримо сцене. Родился дуэт, а именно дуэтом является DED в 2000 году, когда старинные друзья Kirk и Brad сидели дома у последнего и размышляли о том, что им следует предпринимать после распада предшествующего хк-коллектива, в котором они оба участвовали. Был материал. Были идеи. И не было желания терять времени на поиски хотя бы басиста. В общем, не мудрствуя лукаво, после пары репетиций они и дали своё первое шоу. Название, надо признать странное для скримо команды, родилось также спонтанно. По словам Kirk'a в первых подходах лирика группы являла собой fast staight-up political thrash songs. Исходя из этого посыла, им и показалось название Die, Emperor! Die! вполне уместным для трэш команды. Название осталось старое, но группа зазвучала в совсем ином ключе. А стоит ли менять название, раз уж ты не сделал ни одного релиза в отличном от избранного стиле? Каждый решает сам.
Первым официальным релизом стал сплит с Burned Out Bright (другим не менее любопытным для нас коллективом). Релиз этот стал первым опытом и для DED и для их друзей Stewart'а и Еп'к'и, основавших свой собственный лейбл Friends Forever Records. Примечательно, что первый блин ни у тех, ни у других не вышел комом, даже в тотальных условиях спешки. Конечно, можно предъявлять претензии к недостаточно проработанному звуку, но для дебюта в DIY-среде (да и вообще дебюта для молодой команды) — это было бы, по крайней мере, странно. Следующим релизом стало Demo. У себя в Хьюстоне ребята продали тираж, порядка 100 копий и это было, по их мнению, нормальным. Однако реальный успех релиза невозможно оценить — это было настоящей неожиданностью для самих музыкантов, что тысячи людей услышали их благодаря интернету и p2p сетям. Наверное, это один из тех случаев, когда интернет сослужил музыкантам добрую службу, породив устойчивый интерес к их творческим поискам. И по сию пору первая печать релиза остаётся желанной для всех зарубежных коллекционеров маньяков подобного стаффа, а цена его только растёт. Следующим релизом стал Acoustic CD, записанный в ходе акции Food Not Bombs в родном для дуэта Хьюстоне. Идея записи родилась случайно, когда ребята просто переслушали записанный лайв, сделанный их друзьями с Friends Forever records. Издать его показалось хорошей идеей и тем и другим, что и было осуществлено.
Ну и, кроме того, следует отметить последний релиз группы — сплит с другими юными техасскими дарованиями из Остина — Toru Okada (введший последних в поле внимания любителей скри-мо всего мира) на Golden Shiny Wire of Hope Records.
К сожалению, в какой-то момент группа прекратила своё существование. Никакой информации на своём и без того крайне редко обновляемом сайте ребята не повесили, а слухи о распаде стали появляться в интернете в 2005г. Также не известна и судьба запланированного на Friends Forever Records сплита 10" с William Elliot Whitmore, играющем на банджо (что уже само по себе интересно). Возможно, когда-нибудь он и выйдет. И в заключении выдержка из интервью Кирка для одного зина: «Я часто слышу, как люди говорят о группах, что они «такие эмоциональные». И уже кажется, что, чтобы играть «имо» хардкор, ты просто должен метаться по сцене, падать и плакать так, чтобы это выглядело по-настоящему. И это полное дерьмо. Эта аккуратная попытка сделать так, чтобы всё выглядело «эмоциональным», становится клише, надуман-
ным и бессмысленным. А когда эстетика и мода становятся самыми важными вещами в сцене, от чего тут можно становиться взволнованным и кричать? От красивого трафарета на обложке альбома? от узких чёрных джинсов, которые так мило выглядят на том мальчике в другом конце комнаты? Я так не думаю. Вещи, которые тебя по-настоящему волнуют и трогают — это те вещи, которые как искра пробуждают в тебе множество мыслей, подталкивают тебя к самоанализу или анализу мира вокруг тебя». Kirk — гитара и вокал / Brad — барабаны
Дискография:
die, emperor! die! — demo cd 2003
die, emperor! die! / burned out bright — split 7"
die, emperor! die! — acoustic cd 2004
die, emperor! die! / toru okada — split 7'' — 2004
v/a microwave comp — 2004
www.dieemperordie.tripod.com
— /trs_trs/

Рѣната Х Літвінова 15.05.2008 16:36

был на концерте. довольно оригинальные ребята, но в студии ничего особенного)

Текущее время: 13:34. Часовой пояс GMT +3.