www.neformat.com.ua

Новости Статьи Рецензии Ивенты Форум Facebook Telegram Twitter YouTube Instagram Mixcloud SoundCloud
Переключить в мобильный режим
Вернуться   Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Emo

Emo Список групп раздела | emo, screamo, post-hardcore, midwest emo

Метки: hardcore, screamo
Ответ
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Непрочитано 01.08.2009, 21:28   #1
digipack
+/- Информация
США a days refrain

Крайне приятная и довольно известная группа из Нью Брансвика, штат Нью Джерси. Основана в 1999ом году. Команда состояла из трех человек, один из которых, после распада группы стал играть в Burial Year. Музыка очень разная. Местами проскакивают куски в духе тех же Burial Year, только не такие метальные, местами эмо начала 90ых. Стоит ознакомится, кто еще не сделал.

Состав:
Sal Dell'Aquila - bass and vocals
Sean Andrews - guitar and vocals
Matt Roche - drums and vocals

Дискография:
Fiddler Records - sampler compilation (2000)
holding onto silence EP (2000)
скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

A Days Refrain/Barstow- split 7" (2002)
Robotic Empire - sampler compilation (2002)
A Days Refrain/Neil Perry- 3" split cd (2002)
скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)

A Days Refrain/The Assistant - split cd (2001/2002)

fiberglass sessions EP (2001)

Self-Titled - Full length (2002)

Complete Discography (2006)

Ссылки:
http://www.myspace.com/longestfivemiles

LYRICS

A DAYS REFRAIN - Self-Titled - Full length
2002 - Alone Records

STAND BY
sean: if I started again I could reconstruct and I think I could make the pieces fit. I could stand from afar and nothing would be missing. instead of staring at you all as if I’m watching a movie, waiting for my character to make their
triumphant ending, but I’m still waiting, yes I’m still waiting. so I will wear the scars of a life of wishing until the screaming makes my ears bleed. "live for yourself not for your fear." If we could only act as we know is right.
sal: I know it’s through no fault of my own, but I still feel mad at myself for letting that moment pass. now I will carry this on my back and learn to grow from this at the same time.

WE GROW NUMB
sal: they gave me a sense of security, but what’s my purpose? my life, it fades away . now i’m nothing. your money is not my life, this is my life and you can’t take that away. you pay me, I can’t grow numb, this is my life. (it’s not worth my time, it’s not worth my life) sean: we are losing years off our lives. this path has been conceived in stone too carefully mapped out for you to back out now. I hope you’re happy climbing ropes but I can’t help but feel that you can barely breath I hope you’re happy chasing dreams, and look at you now you can barely breath. so move back from the door you’re not going through. we’re made to feel stuck controlled by our fear. when you’re done dying remember our dreams because this is not what we planned, this is not what we planned WE LIED, WE LIED, REPLY, REPLY (what’s funny is) only pain will greet your money

LONGEST 5 MILES
sean: and you said that maybe someday. we will run into each other soon. I hold onto threads that slip through my hands as this unravels right before my eyes. we chase our dreams and leave the now behind, this is all we have. these streets echo with memories that are not my own, and this is where I’ll stay where I belong to be left alone. these lines diverge leading us further away, but these moments must last us through darkened roads and broken homes. I hold this close to my heart and watch as you all fall away, and you said "this is all we have until we go our separate ways."
sal: As we pass through our lives we share pieces of ourselves, hearts and minds. I cannot forget you and all that we’ve been through (this is all we have), the things we said,the hope we gave as we grew up, "This is all we have until we go our separate ways."

WHEN YOU’RE DONE SCREAMING
sean: I think there was supposed to be some sort of affection, but you surrounded yourself with your self-indulgence, and I hid in shadows and learned to lose respect. through explanations and accusations I watched you struggle with your conscience, but you have a knack for justifying yourself. your importance does not seem so important anymore

REBECCA
sal: she stands true to herself, the same person as always. yet you spoke phrases that ended in words like “forever.” and I can’t understand how this affects you. I guess i’ll never understand how this affects you. she stands true to herself and your afraid of what people say. or is it more than that? has all of this meant nothing? she can’t change who she is, you can’t change who you are, I can’t change who I am, who are you to judge, she can’t change
sean: nothing has changed except for your perception. she still stands the same alone and strong. I thought I remembered promises and I still don’t understand how this affects you. she stood through all our petty melodrama and you just turn and forget. nothing has changed since the day that you met her except for you. her love feels just like yours and you (think you) can judge what’s pure. it’s funny how two words can change four years. so find your strength from inside.

D1
sean: the road is weighed down by the burden of a thousand different stories, none of which you’ll ever know as we each head in our own way. and the light races by as we move through the rhythms and the patterns that make up our lives only to be repeated a million times, long after we have faded. as we search for permanence the wind whispers "move faster"

NO TRADEBACKS
sean: I never meant to hurt you I got lost in dreams, but please I couldn’t bear to lose you. I was there, I was alone, I was there and I’m never going back. stare at ceilings and run your hand against this wall to hold back your tears. I place my hand inside yours, it never felt this cold. I can still hold onto those days before the tears washed traces away, and I am sorry I broke these pictures, but please don’t push me away. I left that place. I could not survive. but I never meant to abandon you. and I can still feel your breath on my neck. so let your breath out, close your eyes, hold your hands out and say goodbye sal: I held on for as long as I could to dreams that were my life and I’m afraid I can’t return. so i’ll try to slip away from reality

PHOTO ALBUM
sean:You held this picture next to yours and cried, on the impossibility, you choked, and shield your eyes from the light.
deny the truth to yourself, the mirror lies and you tear yourself apart. you cannot fit this mold. you pray to change
(and are answered with) silence. there is no recognition. in time you will realize there is more then just their smiles.
in time the sets will come crashing down on you. in time you will realize that I cannot live your (dream)
I’m not here to tear you down I just want you to realize that you are beautiful sal: can you define beauty? because it seems it’s already been defined for us. the pictures, they’re everywhere, you couldn’t look away even if you tried. ninety percent of it isn’t even real, it’s retouched and altered, your eyes, your beautiful inside, please don’t do this to yourself.

IN RETROSPECT
sean: if we could only say what we really meant to then I think we would all sleep a lot better. if we could only

ARE YOU LISTENING OR JUST WAITING FOR YOUR TURN TO SPEAK
sean: sleep holds silent the failure as I caress neglect. wasted compassion on myself, my utmost concern. I can’t shed this skin, as time stands still to reveal ugliness. this is not how I imagined myself, so self absorbed with eyes sealed shut. surrounded by lies to protect myself. protect myself from the truth and live my well-built facade. shrouded with images of self-content. unwillingness to disappoint always leads to disappointment. in our eyes we are what we construct but it never rings true sal: this portrait, the paint is smeared, it’s a constant reminder of this image I create. it’s a constant reminder that everything has changed, i’m choked by visions of myself, i’m suffocating. but in our own way we all take this for granted. we all feel alone. as much as we don’t like to admit it. we know it’s true

MAY 18TH
sean: cold needles tear quietly through this breath and I have yet to feel. soft whispers so as not to wake you from this rest and I try to grasp you’re not coming back.this coldness has taken your place and we hold onto the tears and we hold tightly to these years. I search for a way to live with this knowledge and you searched for a way to say goodbye. this air is stifling and the thoughts produced suffocate the will. you don’t look like yourself, this is not who you are, you are much stronger then what lies before me. was the pain to great? I know that you missed her so you collapsed through fear you left us in mystery until we die sal: I can’t believe that you’re gone, you were apart of my life and now even that
seems so far away, I feel you, you’re with me

A DAYS REFRAIN/Neil Perry - 3" split cd -
2002 - Robotic Empire

FORCES OF HABIT
Sal: Can someone take this burden away from me while I gasp for air and wipe the footprints off my back only to reveal the pain i've caused her. is there something wrong with me? i don't want it anymore. Sean: it's been seven goddamn years and I'm still living with it. You'd think it would have fallen away by now trampled under footsteps long since made. but it still rears his ugly heard turning day to night. and you know what i don't want it anymore.

DISTRICT ELEVEN
Sean: we are all pawns in this. It's not as simple as it appears at a glance. it would be so easy to push blame at one source, but many rivers lead to the ocean. the words we follow, and what we've forced to swallow down , is drowned in half-truths leaving many more questions than we started out with. leading us further from the truth. Sal: has it come to this? brainwashing students to instil brand loyalty and required by law to stare at slogans. but who's the blame for this lack of funding.

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Sean: for about three years I've showed myself to you. left the book open on pages no one had ever read. with every mile traveled the distance grew shorter as we lay eyes on strange places. I have learned to embrace my future not slice my fear away. this is what you taught me and it will last long after the feedback has faded away. you gave me the ability to follow my heart. and this will stay with me long after we have "gone our separate ways". Sal: this means everything to me. I've exposed myself to you and you've made me realize I'm not alone. thank you so much for giving that to me. with every word we speak. with every chord we play. this will stay with me long after we've moved on.
[свернуть]

Последний раз редактировалось Эрис; 22.10.2010 в 10:21.
reaching_forward вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
49 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
Непрочитано 03.08.2009, 04:05   #2
слишком крутой для персонального статуса
+/- Информация
Re: a days refrain

мне всегда у них песенка Rebecca нравилась, классически как-то звучит
яшикарен вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 27.07.2010, 18:52   #3
fever shiver
+/- Информация
Re: a days refrain