www.neformat.com.ua

Новости Статьи Рецензии Ивенты Форум Facebook Telegram Twitter YouTube Instagram Mixcloud SoundCloud
Переключить в мобильный режим
Вернуться   Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Emo

Emo Список групп раздела | emo, screamo, post-hardcore, midwest emo

Метки: emo, screamo
Ответ
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Непрочитано 18.01.2011, 11:27   #1
mp3 56 kbps
+/- Информация
США Midvale

Midvale 1996-1999

Midvale (старый сайт)
Last.fm

Состав (1997 года):
Javi
Willie
Jeff
Jay
Kadd (vox)

Цитата:
Биография by Zakroi_Glaza©
Совершенно случайно наткнулся на альбом этих ребят и даже не ожидал, что он меня настолько зацепит. Очень и очень мало информации, впрочем, ничего удивительного.
Midvale образовались в 1996 году в Вашингтоне. Играли эмо\хардкор с личной и политизированой лирикой. В том же году выпустили своими силами демо, к сожалению ничего про него сказать не могу.
В 97-ом выпускают первый официальный релиз семидюймовую пластинку под названием First Aid For Airmen на только созданом лейбле Ed Walters Recordings, это был их первый релиз (позже на нем издавались Passenger Train Proposal, Kill the Man Who Questions, The Sound of Failure и другие).
Midvale: Kadd Stephens (вокал), Marc и еще два человека, к сожалению не знаю кто именно.
Пластинка содержала в себе три песни, мне очень понравилась.
Дебютная работа получила достаточно много положительных отзывов:

"Does anyone remember when they first heard a certain song, and it just engulfed them, like emotionally? While i was at a show, I was thumbing through some records, and noticed a seven inch by this band midvale. The name was familiar because i remembered coming across their incredible looking homepage, so I went with my gut and shelled out my last three dollars on this band i had never heard. It was probably the best, most worthwhile three dollars i ever spent...so i sort of forget about the record until we get home. i figured i'd give it a listen to see what it was like....you ever put on a record, and not listen? you know, sort of make it background music? well that was my intention. now anyone remember the movie "back to the future"?, when marty gets blown like through a wall? yeah, that was me...everytime i listen to it, even to this moment, I get that same feeling. every chord beat, lyric is just saturated with this incredible emotion.

"What does this have to do with midvale as a band?" is what you're probably asking yourself. Midvale, to me at least, is more than just another dumb hardcore band. If you sit down and read the lyrics and listen hard, you get more out of it than just some self-serving emotional hardcore...with a surplus of bands today that deal on a very personal level, which isn't bad at all, Midvale sort of takes that to a whole new level. This is a band that mixes personal lyrics with a sort of political basis... I know a lot of people hear the word "political" and get scared off, but the way they do it, they it's not a strictly unrelatable concept. So the moral of the story is, write to Ed Walters records, get the midvale record and then go to the band, to the source and get the big picture." - Matt Wheelock

В 1998 году выпускают первый и последний лонгплей, диск Five And Six (Tie), который был издан на Status Recordings.
За короткое время этот релиз надолго запал мне в душу. Превосходные гитарные партии с мелодизмом Manrae, эмоциональный вокал в духе Owltian Mia.
В 99 проводят концерты с Boy Sets Fire, Good Clean Fun (сайд проект одного из участников Midvale).
В конце того же года из-за творческих разногласий группа распадается, Kadd продолжил творчество в своем личном акустическом проекте Homage to Catalonia, Марк позже играл в Zapatistas и NYU. Остальные участники завязали с музыкой и подались кто куда.
От себя хочу добавить, что некоторые учасники групы сейчас играют в Birds & Wires (Willie link), а также Homage To Catalonia и A New Spelling Of My Name (Kadd).

1997 - First Aid for Airmen (ed walters)

скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

1999 - Five And Six (Tie) (Status Recordings)

скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

Обзоры First Aid For Airmen

Sliver Magazine #3
This arrived in the mailbox, and I snatched it up after I took one listen to it. This is my most favorite thing I got to review this issue, and it is absolutely one of the best 7" of the year. I don't know where Midvale came from, but they sure know how to hit you in the gut. Pure and emotional music in the vein of Mineral, Split Lip, and Falling Forward. Midvale is melodic, but not sappy, the music is rocking, and the vocals are soft but screamy at the same time. I mean it, this is the best thing all issue, and I can't wait for a full length.

Eventide Fanzine #2
Driving emocore, with a hint of Falling Forward on the vocals. This is really urgent stuff, which is definitely a plus. It reminds me a bit of Contagen, though a bit more melodic. It's a good start from a band that shows a lot of promise here.
Dogprint Fanzine #10
A good debut by both the label and the band. While the packaging is nice in both concept and color usage, the music a good post HC sound done with sincerity, combining the DC tradition to the new era emoish school.
[свернуть]

Тексты с Five And Six (Tie)

Midvale -- Giftminute.
Live with this, I dare you I pray you never had to know left with nothing short of groundlessness to disprove forced to face my capacity for cruelty and now it matters that I hid and that I claimed exemption from our disease but I could have sworn you knew so much more than me I lied I believed I was free plagued with a face only intrusive at best why have you taken this from me I'll never heal what I've neglected I don't need a reminder I know all too well branded and it's deserved unforgiven but not eternally so just know please know I wish I could be sure I was absolved please excuse this childish mechanism.

Midvale -- As white walls accentuate the contrast.
Arbitrary liar implanted not unlike much more than just the unconsciousness that keeps you and this misery afloat sung to sleep drifting out beyond the capture casting throat listed grievances moderated from without from other than the readily visible conditions unrecognized avert your eyes this might sting a little we just might think a little this time as we gag on the wishlist as the masters warm their hands it seems to matter so much less in removal the distance assuages every inkling to undo I still feel it burnt into my eyes just keep look straight ahead ready or not the foot falls on the hands of the pillars of the arrogated pale-face birthright meticulous appropriation the only indication of progress the testament to legitimacy accessed upon demand diseased like nothing before deceived like every time before our eyes wander and fix upon the flattery.

Midvale -- The last of the brainchild.
Assumptions equally arrogant and precidented bare before me and i'm aware of your reluctance to excuse my disinterest equation of plow and body trust in our distance as comfort's isolation of experience property theories set on no more than passivity uncompelling and you've called me down to take in a representation I care not to kill for you or your false efficiency I spit on every last image your empty hands extended only to restrict what room remains to believe anything consistent with my senses content to accept self-generalization my heaven makes no distinctions gates should have been forbidden a fault I can't forget if we remain long enough to remember why we came here in the first then tinted glass can't force us to forget ourselves and the outside and how we've been rewarded with our own reproduction a gun wound in my back stain stretches cloth that covers and the staggering I've grown accustomed to is an outgrowing weakness ubiquitous numerous the fortune numbers spelled out "we are destined for less by nature fuck your empty hands coercion takes many more faces than webster's.

Midvale -- Rehearsal number.
Fathom a wretched intention injury painted like indebtedness just not quite convincing I've barely got both feet in the grave for you I've barely endured your share naivete shattered stings just the same despite rationalization the hours passed for nothing in these numb subhuman motions take comfort sleep easy your family has become a commodity and you would trade the strategie on the backs of the rest of the world ascend you bastard and I'll denounce the faces as they show themselves all the units sold can be measured in mindlessness your self-proclaimed contribution will be measured in abandonment.

Midvale -- Pocketwatch.
Last thought before sleep in silence I forced out words maybe there could have been a better time it's not impression I feel less than blessed but I'm no less sick of being afraid and not to love for the sake of words you never meant I'm sure it only means I'm still the coward you've known I'm still scared I'm so sick of keeping this in I'm so sick of believing I'm less than you've asked for and it never seems to fill this hole aversion to reflection and swear it will be the last time every time precious not in growing only in knowing that I've fallen short every time.

Midvale -- On treading water.
This is yours uneffected uncompleted two plus years of my silence didn't mean I had few words for you just not the courage to face my own and how seldom I've lived up to them weighted down tied to knowing I've never been your counter-weight words choked down far and often enough to chill us both in our sleep conditions let us all reform inference this newly broken ground a smile like I've found my soul here I would still lie down and die for you still stricken and silent a lifetime a monument to an effort never undertaken speechless now two plus years that I never did justice aware of the warrant bottled inside this ancor my presence graced to a degree I could never do justice.
[свернуть]

Последний раз редактировалось псово лаяние; 31.10.2011 в 11:22.
Thog вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
54 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
Непрочитано 18.01.2011, 22:42   #2
lossless
+/- Информация
Re: Midvale

Є багато дійсно-таки цікавих треків
А за тексти дякую
narleysi вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 19.01.2011, 00:36   #3
mp3 128 kbps
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от Thog Посмотреть сообщение
Биография by Zakroi_Glaza
довольно провальная, кстати. ничего толком и не сказал.

мне некий анонимный юзер написал следующее:
"у них еще есть трек "four steps short of perfection" на сборнике Living Silent
http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Living+Silent+-+A+Music+Compilation"

что-то я не нашел его полностью
ZakRoi_GlaZa вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 19.01.2011, 01:52   #4
mp3 56 kbps
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от ZakRoi_GlaZa Посмотреть сообщение
довольно провальная, кстати. ничего толком и не сказал.

мне некий анонимный юзер написал следующее:
"у них еще есть трек "four steps short of perfection" на сборнике Living Silent
http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Living+Silent+-+A+Music+Compilation"

что-то я не нашел его полностью
Лучше биографии нет, так что все равно спасибо!
А анонимный юзер - я. У меня эта группа много энтузиазма вызвала.
Thog вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 19.01.2011, 02:27   #5
mp3 128 kbps
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от Thog Посмотреть сообщение
Kadd продолжил творчество в своем личном акустическом проекте Homage to Catalonia
вот советую ознакомиться с Homage to Catalonia, в духе Тома Ломачио с его дедвуд девайн

и я встречал упоминания в интернете о других проектах участников Midvale, помимо уже здесь упомянутых, но правда не запомнил каких именно, при желании это можно выяснить.
Непрочитано 20.01.2011, 22:34   #6
забанань меня
+/- Информация

Очень даже достойно. Мне понравилось
музпросвет вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 26.01.2011, 14:14   #7
mp3 96 kbps
+/- Информация

Giftminute вот просто охуительно, спасибо

Добавлено через 15 минут
не посчитайте кощунством, но местами напомнило ранних май кимимикал романс(
paramako вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 31.10.2011, 01:47   #8
mp3 128 kbps
+/- Информация

я даже не знаю в какой пост лучше написать.
очень интересное интервью с Марком Крупански (Network 34, Eldritch Anisette, Midvale, Dear Tonight, Young Lady, Dorian Grey) на русском. Марк рассказывает про группы, в которых играл, немного про бойзсетфаер, да и про панк-рок вцелом.
http://discohijack.blogspot.com/2011...etwork-34.html
4 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
TearAway (31.10.2011), Thog (31.10.2011), valmakar (22.06.2012), псово лаяние (31.10.2011)
Непрочитано 30.08.2018, 10:36   #9
mp3 128 kbps
+/- Информация

кто-нибудь может перезалить?
Bauhaus вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Непрочитано 30.08.2018, 19:21   #10
mp3 56 kbps
+/- Информация

https://discohijack.blogspot.com/2009/07/midvale.html Здесь VK ссылки ещё живы, но если не качает, то могу на mediafire или mega.nz залить.
vector7 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
Bauhaus (31.08.2018)
Ответ
Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Emo

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск