Форум www.neformat.com.ua

Форум www.neformat.com.ua (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/)
-   Hardcore (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/hardcore/)
-   -   Chalkline (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/hardcore/23458-chalkline.html)

Sergio 24.04.2009 21:14

Chalkline

Шикарнейшая "эмокор" группа из Луизвилля, которую часто сравнивают с Split Lip и Falling Forward, но неоценимо забывают. Образовались в 1996 году и свою дебютную семерку выпустили на Toothless records. За ней последовал сплит с Figurehead, выпущенный на Shandle Records в июне 1996, а завершила дискографию группы двенадцатидюймовая пластинка по названиям "In The Present Tense" на том же Toothless. Информации о команде, как таковой, не нашел, но музыкальная составляющая Chalkline метко бьет в сердце и остается там жить. Одноименна семерка, хоть и содержит два трека, но не оставит, думаю, никого безразличным - очень и очень душевная. Полноформатник же выделяется крайней мелодичностью и не менее приятный.

Состав:
Don Tyler - вокал/гитара
Matt Jauch - вокал/гитара
Dan Kafilmout - бас
Tony X - ударные

Дискография:
Self Titled (1996) 7"
Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.
Chalkline & Figurehead - Split (1996) 7"
In The Present Tense (1997) 12"

kirillxvx 25.04.2009 07:59

Re: Chalkline

Цитата:

Сообщение от Sergio (Сообщение 774454)
Split Lip и Falling Forward

кидаюсь качать

Running Free 23.05.2009 21:58

опа. оказывается стоит иногда заходить в имо! не ожидал здесь увидеть тему о Chalkline!
я бы посоветовал перенести в хардкор наверное, в виду присутствия брейкдаунов, а также того, что группы типа kingpin и temperance там, а здесь чето подобных я не вижу, ну и судя по количеству отзывов, музыку не особо оценили.
по сабжу - семерка и сплит- ок, а вот лонгплей просто мегашедевр и точная копия "hand me down" falling forward, что есть хорошо, какбы :up:

Добавлено в 21:58. Предыдущее сообщение было написано в 21:57

пс: Луисвилль 90х = :pray::pray::pray:
Endpoint, Falling Forward, Guilt, Chalkline, By The Grace Of God... одна группа лучше другой

Sergio 23.05.2009 22:00

Цитата:

Сообщение от Running Free (Сообщение 803996)
я бы посоветовал перенести в хардкор наверное, в виду присутствия брейкдаунов, а также того, что группы типа kingpin и temperance там

совсем даже не против

Running Free 23.05.2009 22:08

и вообще, раннее творчество - чистый ньюскул хардкор.
если кто-то скажет, что это скримо, я обижусь)

xOLEGx 23.05.2009 22:17

есть)))

Running Free 23.05.2009 22:29

xOLEGx, :-* (no gay))

надеюсь, хоть кому-то здесь понравится)

kirillxvx 24.05.2009 09:26

и скачал, и послушал, и дичайше понравилось

what will remain 24.05.2009 09:41

:applouse:охуенные

denver 16.06.2009 16:59

очень хорошая группа. нравится голос вокалиста и мелодика.

scott_summers 16.06.2009 17:51

команда просто легендарная. странно что раньше темы о них не было.

Running Free 16.06.2009 18:28

Цитата:

Сообщение от scott_summers (Сообщение 832190)
команда просто легендарная. странно что раньше темы о них не было.

ничего странного в этом нет, учитывая, что после темы на неформате у них 252 слушателя на ласт.фм. для сравнения, у никому неизвестной группы Clearsight - 554.
просто группа играла не ту музыку, не в то время и не в том месте.
я уверен, если бы они, хотя бы как By A Thread, выпустили свой альбом на Revelation, цифры были бы раз в 10 больше. но вообще это незамеченная и забытая эпоха и стиль.

Running Free 16.09.2009 20:17

http://www.last.fm/music/Chalkline/+images гат сом пикс

Добавлено через 1 час 13 минут

тексты In the Present Tense

In the Present Tense
Our struggle never ends it recedes and begins followed up by another our path is set our will is soaked we suit up and then we follow it's a long way down this road tomorrow I thought the world was ours but it's only ours to rent or borrow if we're lucky we'll own a small piece of freedom for awhile this dream is a lie it's such a long way down this road tomorrow we're waiting we're degraded we're breaking our backs to we've ever wanted crushing our hopes one last time.

A Chorus of Ambiguity
Expectation is the death knell of you and I it's the gift that keeps on killing there are things that elude our understanding there are things that will stay forever buried contemplation is the curse of our time its the force that pulls our strings and so we scream this litany of lasting fear there's a higher force at work here we sing a song of suffrage it echoes through our hearts like the paragons of deception that tear us apart it reverberates and brings us to the start those in the know will plant a tree of liberty for our sons feed it with the blood flow kick back and watch it grow you'll bleed from the inside until it kills you.

Modern Day Inequity
We have a proclivity for predetermined thoughts and it's scary where have the mighty scholars gone they have been replaced by indecision and derision this day in age we've fooled ourselves into believing that we had progressed beyond the injustice of our past There's no good proof suggesting that we ever have ww lack the civility for basic interaction or the ability to deal with the affects so we chalk it up to human nature and let it slide this day we took one step up then two back in time

Evolution
When it all began fame was not an issue this is the manifest of our evolution those were the days that set tomorrow in motion our fingers freeze through the coldest seasons these are the days we give our blind devotion a part of me that will never leave us these are the days that put our dreams in motion these are the days that push me away young ambition clouds perception we're buried alive and it's not always our fault there's no weight in what they're saying jealous hearts play out their parts we smile and forget just what motivates this.

Eleven Eleven
Sweet winds whispering your subtle words carrying your voice so well it's all I hear it's all I think of how our hearts beating in unison would make such a powerful song gentle breeze across my face reminds of your faint touch that I haven't felt in so long I wait for the clock to turn eleven one one more time I wish I could hear your voice I wish I could see your smile cause without you I'm dying I'm sorry for all I've done I'm on my knees hear me I wish I could hear your voice I wish I could see your smile.

Dive
Take it blindly embrace me in your arms never let me go again lie give it to me I strive to I strive to make it work and all you said has made it worse dive embrace mo never let me go lie I Strive just to make it work but it always seems to turn out wrong end of this lie.

Disseminate
Catchphrase propagation of fear seek to glorify ruin their lives your slick campaign it cultivates a lifetime of conditioned hatred guilty until proven innocent the law ot mass media your controlled by the media they'll ruin your life and swallow you whole.

Smile
So you say you want to smile today well I've been searching hard for the right words to say how about I sing you a song about when we were young and I was your hero remember family trips you and I in the back of dad's car we laughed for hours it made the distance less far and now we're older and we don't talk as much any more I wrote you this song so you
could smile.

Thesis of Discontent
They fall like flies seemingly every time the ones we've come to trust and needed so much I've placed too much faith in others it's already done I'd like to think the best of everyone the things I see in you they help to pull me through you've satisfied our affinity the most you've brought reality into focus it means so much does it strike the chord that I'm searching for when you hear me say never go away the lives we've found will crash into the ground but will the memories stay when we leave this place.

Mars Just Before Twenty
Just yesterday morning I awoke sane in a world filled with silence my heart beat again slightly off tempo beating heart took a look outside the window staring at the corner where Mars and Madison meet me there and tell me one thing you remember about me I don't need anyone these days if you lived on Mars you would have trouble with the gravity too.

Rotation
It's weird how things come and go in circles they fall into a pattern far beyond our reach did you get everything you wanted move to the next it could be the best or right with wrong intentions nothing prepared you for this so you fought it we leave ourselves wide open and subject to abuse it comes right back to you our future has been culled from the patrons saints of time they're so unpredictable a continual series of buildups and letdowns each one less intense than the next we can't free ourselves I just wanted to know where do we go from here.
[свернуть]

наклацали мне миллион спасибок быстро, я их перепечатывал сидел в файн ридере))

Carib 16.09.2009 20:28

шикааарные ))

Running Free 16.09.2009 22:14

Цитата:

Сообщение от бацила (Сообщение 928094)
Running Free, обладаешь диском?

нет) друг обладает пластинкой) отфоткал lyric sheet'ы, когда гостевал у него недавно)

пс: интересный факт оттуда: produced by Chalkline and Duncan Barlow. :deal:

Добавлено через 3 минуты
ппс: добавьте в тему:

Chalkline is:
Don Tyler - vocals, guitar
Matt Jauch - vocals, guitar
Dan Kafilmout - bass
Tony X - drums

MoriTuri 07.10.2009 22:24

а на c/т текстів ні в кого немає?

трек Крімсон звідти - один з найкращих треків ева. слухав тисячу разів і все одно досі не можу спокійно на нього реагувати. розриває.

12" подобається вже набагато менше, але все одно група дофіга недооцінена, ІМХО.

Dandelion Murder 31.01.2010 19:59

Вызывать симпатию с первых аккордов,превосходные:in_love:

againstthecure 03.02.2010 14:30

Цитата:

Сообщение от Running Free (Сообщение 927917)
Rotation

Это песня с In The Present Tense??? У меня ее чего-то нету:dontknow:(альбом качал с шапки)

what will remain 03.02.2010 14:32

againstthecure, с семерки

againstthecure 03.02.2010 14:42

Цитата:

Сообщение от fuckofforfight (Сообщение 1065115)
againstthecure, с семерки

хм, на Self Titled (1996) 7" и на Chalkline & Figurehead - Split (1996) 7" нету такого трека

what will remain 03.02.2010 14:48

againstthecure, у меня вроде есть на селф тайтлед-буду дома гляну

Sergio 03.02.2010 14:50

у меня тоже нет. К.О.
Макс, если не сложно, то напишешь треклист, сверим

what will remain 03.02.2010 14:59

окей)

Текущее время: 12:06. Часовой пояс GMT +3.