Форум www.neformat.com.ua

Форум www.neformat.com.ua (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/)
-   Hardcore (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/hardcore/)
-   -   The Golden Age (https://forum.neformat.com.ua/hardcore/29156-the-golden-age.html)

wanchope 15.11.2009 18:50

The Golden Age

The Golden Age
melodic hardcore/punk/sXe, Corpus Christi, Texas

Биография:
В августе 2004-го компания друзей из городка Корпус Кристи, что в штате Техас, собралась вместе дабы повалять дурака и поиграть быстрый и мелодичный хардкор. Так на свет появилась банда The Golden Age.
В качестве основных музыкальных влияний парни называют группы Gorilla Biscuits, Stretch Arm Strong и Strike Anywhere (второй пункт списка даже близок к истине, а Страйки чувствуются разве что на ранних ЕР), в то время как в лирике парни обращаются к социальной, политической и личностной тематике. "We try to be the voice that tells people that they are not alone, to be strong and to get back up".
В 2007-м на Words Of War Records издается первый полноформатник группы, названный "Carry The Torch". С его выходом группа, изначально собравшаяся просто чтобы повеселиться, обзавелась многочисленной армией преданных фанов.
В 2009-м группа переходит на Panic Records, где издают 7-дюймовку "Time And Distance", а спустя некоторое время и свой второй полноформатник "Unlock Yourself".
После его выхода, группа не вылазит из своего гастрольного буса. Сами парни говорят, что это они делают, чтобы "...to do everything in our power to keep hardcore alive, to make sincere, passionate music. We want to make the kid who's walking into his or her first show smile and say, "I want to do that". That way this music that we love and have given our hearts to, can continue to be a refuge for kids that feel they don't fit in anywhere else"

Состав:
Fabian Rangel Jr. - вокал
Shaggy - бас
Jordan Perry - гитара
Alex Longoria - гитара
Cramerstorm - барабаны

Дискография:
2004 - Year One EP (VBR V2)
Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.
2005 - Restore the Balance EP (VBR V2)
2007 - Carry the Torch (VBR V2)
http://s43.radikal.ru/i099/0911/72/d6f46d97f793.jpg
2009 - Time & Distance EP (ABR 244)
http://i082.radikal.ru/0911/57/9a89b19a4df1.jpg
2009 - Unlock Yourself (CBR 320)
http://s08.radikal.ru/i181/0911/f6/46a0b6215730.jpg

Lyrics

Compass:
In this time of blindfolded eyes, where so many people choose not to care, together we can fight for change. Together we can make a difference. What we need is… what we need is solidarity. What we need is bring back community
.. ..
Re-align:
This is for the hearts that still beat strong, even when all hope is lost. Still trying hard to find their way through despair and sorrow. When life seems like a nightmare you can’t wake up from and the world with all its hate beats you into the ground. Stand up, show them “its gonna take more then this to silence me.” It’s gonna take more then the knife in my back and yes you’ve wounded me but my will is strong. Inside of me there’s a light that you’ll never see and few understand. It helps me to carry on so here I am still standing strong. I’ve faced days I couldn’t bear but I will not give up. When this world has torn you apart, find the strength inside to re-align. I’ve watched my greatest fears come to life. I’ve lived days I thought would be the end of me, but somehow I found the strength inside to re-align.
.. ..
Live Together, Die Alone:
Where have all my heroes, gone? Did they turn and walk away, with nothing left to say? Because I’m still trying hard to understand and I know this life can be so hard, this life can weigh you down, but I’m still focused, still fighting to live: still fighting to look past theses lies that tell us we need to destroy each other. What is life without love? What is life without compassion? Don’t let me steal your heart. And in this world of greed, in this time of hate they’d love nothing more than our surrender, but if we hold tru to who we are we can create a community of open minds and outstretched arms. (chorus). We live in a place that drowns out joy and beauty. That chokes out songs from our songs from our hearts. I won’t be silent, I’ll make my voice heard and I will make it loud.
.. ..
The Constant:
Through the years and hardships of my life the lessons I have learned and scars still remain, Don’t know what my life would be if I heard Minor Threat play the songs that struck a chord in me. And I still remember the day I was a teenage kid making a promise to myself. That promise still holds true. It means everything to me. This choice is the only way to me. I am straight edge. I will always be. I don’t give a fuck about who sells out or the kind of kids that claims. If you’re gonna do it, do it for yourself and not just to fit in. This isn’t for everyone but its what makes sense to me. (chorus) These years have only strengthened my beliefs. A song can change your life and open your eyes, transform energy, reveal what’s inside.
.. ..
Outside of Time:
These streets are old friends that don’t realize I ever left. I’m just a shadow. Time doesn’t pass as fast here as it does in the city. Walking under these soft streetlights, I let myself drift into yesteryear. Time doesn’t at all for me. I reach through yesterdays with the greatest of east and I drive around fast these moments and I steal the moments that I cherish. Every sweet word, every promise made. That warmth that you gave me that I know live without. Time is no barrier to me. Time has done nothing to erase these fucking scars, so I try to kill this pain that’s driving me insane, but no matter how hard I try those days still haunt my life. I will survive this, I will get through this with help from my family, and my friends. This too shall pass.
.. ..
Old Ghosts:
Another year behind me, days of triumph and tragedy. I reflect on what I’ve gathered and lost. The echo of time, drowning out the noise of today until I all hear is the beating of my own heart. I couldn’t see until it was too late. I was blind. Left me wondering how to breath goodbye to a year that cut so deep. Things change so fast that your eyes can’t keep up. Almost invisible, we only see what we want to see, ignoring what will hurt us, haunted by my memories. Old ghosts, some mean no harm, while others will destroy. There were hours that floored me and I saw myself an empty shall, but within a spark of hope remained and slowly grew into a flame. It consumed me and lifted me to my feet.
.. ..
The Key:
Straight edge is rebellion against the accepted norm of our society that says we have to numb ourselves to deal with the struggle of life, but I choose to live my life with clear eyes and questioning mind. I refuse to conform. Veganism is rebellion against the accepted norm of society that says we have the right to enslave and consume animals, but I choose compassion over cruelty. I refuse to ignore my conscience.
.. ..
The Flame:
We must see each other as equals because through separation and division they make us weaker, but when we unify we become stronger and unstoppable. So much left to fight for, so my left to sing about. For a better world our thinking must evolve. Together we can make a ideas into revolution. Never forget our true strength lies in unity. (chorus) unify for equality.
.. ..
Meanwhile:
What the fuck happened to that life I used to see in your eyes? Now it’s gone and all I see if a fucking ghost. There was a time when you and I sang together, at the top of our lungs. Now I’m left to carry on as you slowly disappear. Meanwhile this passion deep inside can hardly be contained by my pounding heart… yeah! Remember when we shared the same dream? Meanwhile I found a way that’s right for me, meanwhile I’m holding on you choose to let go. I refuse to let my world turn gray; I refuse to be overcome by cold. I won’t let this light go out. I will never let go
.. ..
Recharge:
The days pass in slow motion with no sound at all. How long will it be till I am surrounded by the sound that cuts straight through me? I surrender to its full, to its calling, let it take control of me and everything else ceases to exist. This town is killing me, slowly driving me insane but all I need is the sound; its all I’ll ever need. This is what makes me feel whole. This is what lights me up inside. My heart sings and I recharge. I recharge my battery.
.. ..
Fall:
Here we are again, watching the miles race by. Trees pass, so blurry. Step out of the van to the cold chill of fall. Watch my breathe escape. Living my day according to my heart’s desire. So we’re playing our hearts out and making new friends that we won’t soon forget. To everyone who helped us out or took us in we can’t thank you enough. Beneath these countless stars in the cold October fall, first time I’ve felt free in far too long. These moments burn bright and gold in the twilight. These days and nights are gone but I will never forget them. True connection, instant kinship. Giving all that we have. This is our purpose, this is where we belong.
.. ..
Unlock Yourself:
The progression of our spirit can only be held back by our own fears and doubts. We waste so much time afraid of the unknown. We lose out on a better tomorrow. We must forge our own path. Can we open our eyes and see what we can become; what we truly are? Or will we let the weight of the world crush our dreams? The choice is ours. Are we brave enough to live our passions? We can live our passions now. Don’t let them fade away. We must stay true to what sets us apart. No more holding back, we can’t afford to limit ourselves (chorus) Inside of you there are songs of fire, waiting to erupt. Sing your songs as loud as your voice will allow. Sing so loud, release the energy inside. Unlock Yourself.
[свернуть]

_________________________________________________________________________________

Отличный быстрый, панкроковый мелодик хардкор для любителей Stretch Arm Strong, With Honor и Stay Gold. Полноформатнички очень рекомендую, особенно 2009-го года. И это вот, наклацайте мне 10 спасибок :yeah:

Sergio 20.11.2009 18:08

Re: The Golden Age

очень толковая и приятная группа. особенно понравились релизы за 2009 год

wanchope 20.11.2009 19:56

Во-во! Коллега правду говорит :idea:

wanchope 03.02.2010 12:43

Цитата:

The Golden Age is calling it quits...
Hey everybody, The Golden Age is breaking up. Rather than going into all the various reasons I'm just going to say that it's just that time. We're all still friends, and we all still love the music that we've made together. We will be playing a final show May 1st(Free Comic Book Day),not sure exactly where but it will be here in Corpus. It will be on a Saturday, so to everyone who might want to come from different cities, you've got a 3 month heads up!
When my brother and I started this band at the end of 2003 I had no intention of taking this band that seriously. I just wanted to start a band people could circle pit to and I wanted to watch The Contender for free. But somehow this band grew and grew and kept on going taking on a life of it's own. I am nothing short of AMAZED at the impact this band and our music have had on myself and on other people. I've had numerous people tell me that The Trust gave them the strength to make it through, and we've had strangers from across the world send us messages telling us that we're their favorite band. It makes me feel truly fulfilled.
Words can't fully express the amount of gratitude we owe to all the people who have made being in this band so much fun. We wouldn't have lasted these last six years without you. Whether you were singing along, dancing, booking a show for us(at home or on tour), buying our merch, giving us a place to stay, feeding us, letting us borrow your equipment or just taking the time to give us a few kind words(at shows or by sending us an email). They really made this whole thing feel worth it.
Now a little bit of good news. The music isn't quite finished. T.G.A. will be recording one last new song at the end of this month and it will be available for free download. Also, Shaggy, Eric, Gabe(my brother and original T.G.A. drummer) and I have started a new band. It's called Time On Fire and we'll be recording a few songs very soon. They will also be available for free download. We'll keep everyone posted on when all this free music will be up.
So to Panic Records, Hellfish, our families, our friends(you know who you are) all of the awesome bands we've had the pleasure of playing with(you know who you are) and especially to EVERYONE who ever played in this band, on behalf of Shaggy, Eric, Addrian, Cramer and myself, THANK YOU.

Fabian
XVX

ak 11.02.2010 02:26

wanchope, на форуме однозначно нужна кнопка "Большое спасибо") Очень понравились :up:

Екатерина Андреевна 13.02.2010 16:13

Большая кнопка "Спасибо" :yeah:
Хорошая группа. Хотя, я слушала на днях вечером после кучи переслушанной за день музыки и мне вообще не пошли, а сегодня с утреца на свежую голову на "отлично"

Цитата:

Сообщение от Sergio (Сообщение 993949)
особенно понравились релизы за 2009 год

В принципе и 2007 неплох, но за 2009 мне тоже больше понравились. Остальное я не слушала

pigdestroyer 14.02.2010 02:15

понравились, оч крутые :up:
спс

skittles 16.06.2010 17:49

ахуенный мелодик хк

Sani 30.09.2010 16:33

жаль,что распались

ananas 28.10.2010 08:10

=((((((((
это мои самые любимые же.

lynch law 11.11.2010 23:29

ээээ такой вооопрос, на майспейсе написано [New 7'' out now!] это чтото новое или нет?:thinking:

Raze the Stray 12.11.2010 17:02

лучшая группа,последний альбом на репите стоит последнее время

Sani 12.11.2010 22:40

Цитата:

Сообщение от Эрис (Сообщение 1314905)
Ну судя по всему, это все-таки Time & Distance. Но там в блоге у них ссылки на видео с ласт шоу, а на gnwp.ru его в MP4 выложили.

хихихи

Sani 13.05.2015 19:15

как их на майспейсе найти?

denver 13.05.2015 21:38

Как найти майспейс?

Sani 13.05.2015 22:59

да, как найти их майспейс страничку

Эрис 14.05.2015 19:16

Спросить у гугла: https://myspace.com/thegoldenage

punkbooster 14.05.2015 19:21

Или заглянуть в шапку :dontknow:

Эрис 14.05.2015 19:32

punkbooster, там нерабочая ссылка была.

Sani 15.05.2015 11:02

хуй знает что было ссылкой, но открывалась стартовая страница

Эрис

я гуглил до слез, вообще о группе ни следа не осталось, тупо пару анонсов на панкньюс.орг и че то на подобие, я даже облогу 2007 найти не смог в нормальном разрешении

Текущее время: 17:53. Часовой пояс GMT +3.