www.neformat.com.ua

Новости Статьи Рецензии Ивенты Форум Facebook Telegram Twitter YouTube Instagram Mixcloud SoundCloud
Переключить в мобильный режим
Вернуться   Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Hardcore

Hardcore Список групп раздела | oldschool, newschool, youth crew, beatdown, melodic hardcore, NYHC

Метки: crust, hardcore punk
Ответ
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 12:30   #1
CD
+/- Информация
США Christ on a Crutch

Christ On A Crutch

История Christ on a Crutch началась в Вашингтоне летом 1983 года, когда Джерри, Уэйн, Глен и Дэйв начали репетировать в группе под названием Turtles Basking in the Sun.. К 1984 они взяли название Christ on a Crutch. В 1986 году Глен вернулся в группу в качестве вокалиста и его слышно на первом альбоме "Spread Your Filth". Christ on a Crutch играли много в таких местах, как Washington Hall и the Party Hall.
New Red Archives позднее издали все релизы Christ on a Crutch на компакт-дисках.

Биография в англ

This history is pieced together from a bunch of sources and my own memory, hopefully it's correct. Christ on a Crutch began in Washington DC in the Summer of 1983 when Jerry, Wayne, Glen and Dave performed under the name Turtles Basking in the Sun. By '84 they had taken the name Christ on a Crutch. In '85 Glen moved to the Tri-Cities the band played as a 3-piece with Jerry singing and did some recording. In 1986 Glen came back to the band as the singer and is on the first album "Spread Your Filth" on Over the Top records. Glen and Jerry both relocated in '88 to Seattle and re-formed Christ on a Crutch with ex-Diddly Squat bandmates Nate Mendel on bass and Erik Akre on drums (Erik's sister is Carrie Akre of Hammerbox fame, and Erik has gone on to play drums with a lot of bands).

When Christ on a Crutch gelled as a 4-piece in Seattle, they were completely awesome. Since my girlfriend at the time was friends with the band, I ended up hanging around partying with them a bunch and got to know them, they were totally cool guys. They played around a lot at places like Washington Hall and the Party Hall. I remember a pretty infamous show at Washington Hall where first they threw out a zillion egg cartons into the audience, then chainsawed a pumpkin on stage. The entire floor was coated in pumpkin goop and people were throwing the cartons everywhere, it was complete chaos and a super slippery pit. Another time they played a demolition party in the U-District for a boarding house that Mike from Aspirin Feast lived in behind the Wilsonian Apartments. The band's final show was at Rkcndy in 1993, this photo is of Jerry at that show. New Red Archives later released all Christ on a Crutch's material on CD.
[свернуть]

Очерк с фан странички на майспейс

This is a fan/tribute page. If the original band members want to take over this profile please write me. I grew up in a small suburb of Seattle Washington. I spent most of the weekends of my teenage years in Seattle at record shops like Time Travelers and Fallout Records. Around or near those shops is where I first noticed flyers for punk, hardcore, and metal shows with bands like Aspirin Feast, Whipped, Last Gasp, The Accused, and The Derelicts. At the time these shows were happening at places like the O.K. Hotel, The Party Hall, Washington Hall, Lake Union Pub etc... I finally started attending these shows in 1990. That is when I first witnessed my favorite local band, Christ On A Crutch. Their live sets were an amazing and out of control blast of hardcore fury. I was intstantly hooked and knew I had found one of my all time favorite bands. As the 90's music scene continued in Seattle more and more bands became popular and accepted into the main stream. Jocks from my high school started appearing at punk shows at the O.K. Hotel. The Mainstream bands ruined what I thought was my own personal underground scene. The one great thing about Christ On A Crutch was the fact that jocks and mainstream people steered completely clear of them. Christ On A Crutch's name, political lyrics, and attitude left them entirely unaccessible to mainstream society. Christ On A Crutch was one band that truly was and is "ours". This page is a tribute to Christ On A Crutch and a way for all of us to enjoy one of the best hardcore punk bands of all time. If anyone has flyers, pictures, or stories they want to contribute this page please write me through this profile. The following is an unofficial Christ On A Crutch bio I found that Dan from Ten things fanzine wrote: This history is pieced together from a bunch of sources and my own memory, hopefully it's correct. Christ on a Crutch began in Washington DC in the Summer of 1983 when Jerry, Wayne, Glen and Dave performed under the name Turtles Basking in the Sun. By '84 they had taken the name Christ on a Crutch. In '85 Glen moved to the Tri-Cities the band played as a 3-piece with Jerry singing and did some recording. In 1986 Glen came back to the band as the singer and is on the first album "Spread Your Filth" on Over the Top records. Glen and Jerry both relocated in '88 to Seattle and re-formed Christ on a Crutch with ex-Diddly Squat bandmates Nate Mendel on bass and Erik Akre on drums (Erik's sister is Carrie Akre of Hammerbox fame, and Erik has gone on to play drums with a lot of bands). When Christ on a Crutch gelled as a 4-piece in Seattle, they were completely awesome. Since my girlfriend at the time was friends with the band, I ended up hanging around partying with them a bunch and got to know them, they were totally cool guys. They played around a lot at places like Washington Hall and the Party Hall. I remember a pretty infamous show at Washington Hall where first they threw out a zillion egg cartons into the audience, then chainsawed a pumpkin on stage. The entire floor was coated in pumpkin goop and people were throwing the cartons everywhere, it was complete chaos and a super slippery pit. Another time they played a demolition party in the U-District for a boarding house that Mike from Aspirin Feast lived in behind the Wilsonian Apartments. The band's final show was at Rkcndy in 1993.
[свернуть]

Дискография:

Spread Your Filth (LP, Album) - Over The Top Records - 1988

Crime Pays When Pigs Die ◄ (2 versions) - New Red Archives - 1991

Crime Pays When Pigs Die (LP, Album, Whi) - New Red Archives - 1991

Spread Your Filth (7", EP) - Over The Top Records - 1988

Kill William Bennett! (7", Single) - Black Label Records - 1990

Compilations

Shit Edge And Other Songs For The Young And Sentimental +Spread Your Filth (2xLP, Comp, Red) - New Red Archives - 1997

Shit Edge And Other Songs For The Young And Sentimental (CD, Album) - New Red Archives - 1997

=====================================================================

Christ On A Crutch - Crime Pays When Pigs Die (1991)

Треклист

Исполнитель: Christ On A Crutch
Альбом: Crime Pays When Pigs Die
Год выхода: 1991
Страна: USA
Жанр: Hardcore Punk
Время: 27:10
Качество: 128 kbit

Треклист:
1 Intro
2 Paranoid World Vision
3 Dreams
4 North Richland
5 Shit Edge
6 Nation Of Sheep
7 Fish People (+ bonus "No Tiile" Track)
8 Christian's Crack Diary
9 Down
10 In On Your Joke
11 Sleep Of Reason
12 Caveat Emptor
13 Folsom Prison Blues (+ bonus "No Tiile" Track)
скрытый контент Нажмите на кнопку "Спасибо", чтобы увидеть ссылку (нужна регистрация)
Возможно, потребуется перезагрузка страницы.

Павертрекер
медиафайр320кбпс
[свернуть]

ласт
дискогс
xDEMIKx вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
6 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
adamus47 (17.08.2012), cbihcity (02.04.2013), EnderWiggins (11.06.2016), Lanz (25.02.2011), Rkkrkr (08.01.2013), toxidermy (03.12.2013)
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 12:49   #2
+/- Информация
re: Christ on a Crutch

xDEMIKx, переведи, или своими словами напиши пару предложений о группе.

Добавлено через 1 минуту
Зачем заливать на сервер в 128, если есть в 320:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yf0yrmmdtmd
Биография и дискография:

тыц

This history is pieced together from a bunch of sources and my own memory, hopefully it's correct. Christ on a Crutch began in Washington DC in the Summer of 1983 when Jerry, Wayne, Glen and Dave performed under the name Turtles Basking in the Sun. By '84 they had taken the name Christ on a Crutch. In '85 Glen moved to the Tri-Cities the band played as a 3-piece with Jerry singing and did some recording. In 1986 Glen came back to the band as the singer and is on the first album "Spread Your Filth" on Over the Top records. Glen and Jerry both relocated in '88 to Seattle and re-formed Christ on a Crutch with ex-Diddly Squat bandmates Nate Mendel on bass and Erik Akre on drums (Erik's sister is Carrie Akre of Hammerbox fame, and Erik has gone on to play drums with a lot of bands).

When Christ on a Crutch gelled as a 4-piece in Seattle, they were completely awesome. Since my girlfriend at the time was friends with the band, I ended up hanging around partying with them a bunch and got to know them, they were totally cool guys. They played around a lot at places like Washington Hall and the Party Hall. I remember a pretty infamous show at Washington Hall where first they threw out a zillion egg cartons into the audience, then chainsawed a pumpkin on stage. The entire floor was coated in pumpkin goop and people were throwing the cartons everywhere, it was complete chaos and a super slippery pit. Another time they played a demolition party in the U-District for a boarding house that Mike from Aspirin Feast lived in behind the Wilsonian Apartments. The band's final show was at Rkcndy in 1993, this photo is of Jerry at that show. New Red Archives later released all Christ on a Crutch's material on CD.

Christ on a Crutch discography:

1987, "Spread Your Filth" 7" (500 pressed, Over the Top)
1987, "Spread Your Filth" LP (2000 pressed, Over the Top)
1989, song "Off Target" on "State of the Union" compilation LP (Dischord Records, re-mastered and released on CD in 2002)

1990, "Kill William Bennet" 7" (Black Label)
1991, "Crime Pays When Pigs Die" LP (New Red Archives)
2000, "Spread Your Filth: The Doughnut and Bourbon Years" CD (New Red Archives, re-issue of 1st LP)
2000, "Shit Edge and Other Songs for the Young and Sentimental" CD (New Red Archives, re-issue of 7"s and past compilation tracks)
2000, "Spread Your Filth/Shit Edge" double LP (New Red Archives)
[свернуть]

Гугл делает иногда страшные вещи!

Добавлено через 3 минуты
Собственно еще ссылки:
Christ On A Crutch - Spread Your Filth LP 1988
1990, "Kill William Bennet" 7"
ictus вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
2 пользователя(ей) сказали спасибо:
Lanz (25.02.2011), Vegan (25.02.2011)
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 13:17   #3
CD
+/- Информация

Wakey, Спасибо, я нуб - не нашел
А на счет перевода, не раз читал упрёки, что мол, зачем переводить с рус на англ, это же тупо.
Я не силён в инглише, сам правильно не переведу, а копипастить с гугл-переводчика - реально бред.
Если есть нормальное био (в русс) - давайте, закину в шапку.
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 13:22   #4
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от xDEMIKx Посмотреть сообщение
Я не силён в инглише, сам правильно не переведу, а копипастить с гугл-переводчика - реально бред.
я тоже не силен, но можно минимально перевести гуглом, выбрать более менее важные предложения и подобрать правильные слова.
Моих 2\3 топиков так.
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
malignant (25.02.2011)
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 13:24   #5
CD
+/- Информация

Wakey, ну ок, сейчас попробую.
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 13:47   #6
+/- Информация

Хороший такой хардкор панк, очень похож на какую-то старую хк команду, не могу вспомнить на какую.

Тег краст по моему тут не нужен, хотя я других релизов их не слушал, может там.

Добавлено через 3 минуты
Майнор Трет они мне напомнили, вот!
Пользователь сказал спасибо:
xDEMIKx (25.02.2011)
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 13:50   #7
CD
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wakey Посмотреть сообщение
Тег краст по моему тут не нужен, хотя я других релизов их не слушал, может там.
я тоже на счет краста не знаю, копипастил с ласта

Узнал о группе, кстати, из одной из книг Стивена Кинга (вот забыл с какой, там какой-то чел в машине их слушал:)
Непрочитано 25.02.2011, 16:05   #8
+/- Информация

Цитата:
Сообщение от xDEMIKx Посмотреть сообщение
Узнал о группе, кстати, из одной из книг Стивена Кинга (вот забыл с какой, там какой-то чел в машине их слушал:)
нормальный пиар ход!

Добавлено через 2 часа 13 минут
Очень советую всем любителям старой школы, второй раз по кругу гоняю Crime Pays When Pigs Die!
Ответ
Форум www.neformat.com.ua > Music > Hardcore

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск